TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: March 19, 2018
This User Agreement sets out the terms on which BLOCKVEST offers you access to and use of our sites, services, applications and tools (collectively “Services”). All policies are incorporated into this User Agreement. By signing up to use the BLOCKVEST Account through the BLOCKVEST Site, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to any of the terms set forth in this Agreement, you may not access or use any of the BLOCKVEST Services.
BLOCKVEST LLC is a private limited company incorporated in British Virgin Island (BVI) (“BLOCKVEST,” “we”, “us” or “our”) and applies to your use of: I. The BLOCKVEST website located at BLOCKVESTICO.io, the BLOCKVEST API, and any associated BLOCKVEST-hosted websites or mobile applications (collectively the “BLOCKVEST Site” or “Site”), and II. Any of the services provided to you by BLOCKVEST (together with the BLOCKVEST Site, the “BLOCKVEST Services” or “Services”).
2. About BLOCKVEST
BLOCKVEST is the use of blockchain technology and digital identity to digitize assets, the use of smart contracts for digital assets to be self-managed, to achieve a “smart economy” with a distributed network. Blockvest (BLV) is an ERC20 token based upon the Ethereum blockchain. Blockvest Nvestnodes generate passive income through asset backed profit sharing smart contracts. At its core, Blockvest is a Decentralized Blockchain Based Assets Exchange as well as a cryptocurrency index fund, which is a closed-cap, tokenized cryptocurrency portfolio that autonomously tracks the top 30 cryptocurrencies. We call it the Blockvest30 Index. The fund provides an easy way for the average investor to buy multiple cryptocurrencies all at once, without doing all the research.
3. Use of the BLOCKVEST Site
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload fraudulent deals;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third-party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- fail to pay for the deals you entered into, unless you have a valid reason, for example, a clear typographical error is made at bidding, or you cannot contact your counterpart.
- fail to deliver for the deals proposed by you, unless you have a valid reason, for example, a clear typographical error is made at bidding, or you cannot contact your counterpart
- manipulate the price of any deal or interfere with any other user’s listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous information;
- transfer your BLOCKVEST account and user ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm BLOCKVEST, or the interests or property of users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- export or re-export any BLOCKVEST application or tool except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
- copy, transmit, distribute, sell, resell, license, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, publish, reproduce, display
If we believe you are abusing BLOCKVEST, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with your account(s), remove and demote listings, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services. We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
When BLOCKVEST provides you with information about another user for the purpose of completing a Deal, you agree you will use the information only for the purposes it is provided to you. You may not disclose, sell, rent, or distribute a user’s information to a third party for purposes unrelated to the Services. Additionally, you may not use information for marketing purposes, via electronic or other means, unless you obtain the consent of the specific user to do so.
I. Limited License:
We grant you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable license, subject to the terms of this Agreement, to access and use the BLOCKVEST Site, and the content, materials, information and functionality available in connection therewith (collectively, the
“Content”) solely for informational, transactional, or other approved purposes as permitted by BLOCKVEST from time to time. Any other use of the BLOCKVEST Site or Content is expressly prohibited. All other rights in the BLOCKVEST Site or
Content are reserved by us and our licensors. We reserve all rights in the BLOCKVEST Site and Content and you agree that this Agreement does not grant you any rights in or licenses to the BLOCKVEST Site or the Content, except for this
express, limited license. Without limiting the foregoing, If you violate any portion of this Agreement, your permission to access and use the BLOCKVEST Services may be terminated pursuant to this Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to all
remedies available at law and in equity for any such violation. “BLOCKVEST.com”, “BLOCKVEST”, and all logos related to the BLOCKVEST Services or displayed on the BLOCKVEST Site are either trademarks or registered marks of BLOCKVEST or its
licensors. You may not copy, imitate or use them without BLOCKVEST’s prior written consent.
II. Website Accuracy:
Although we intend to provide accurate and timely information on the BLOCKVEST Site, the BLOCKVEST Site (including, without limitation, the Content) may not always be entirely accurate, complete or current and may also include technical
inaccuracies or typographical errors. In an effort to continue to provide you with as complete and accurate information as possible, information may be changed or updated from time to time without notice, including without limitation information
regarding our policies, products and services. Accordingly, you should verify all information before relying on it, and all decisions based on information contained on the BLOCKVEST Site are your sole responsibility and we shall have no liability for such decisions.
III. Third-Party Materials:
From time to time, the BLOCKVEST Site may contain references or links to thirdparty materials (including without limitation websites) not controlled by us. We provide such information and links as a convenience to you. Such links should not be considered endorsements of these sites or any content, products or information offered on such sites and such reference does not imply our recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that respective property, product, service, or process. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any aspect of the information or content contained in any third party materials or on any third party sites accessible or linked to the BLOCKVEST Site, including without limitation content, property, goods or services available on the linked sites.
IV.Application Programming Interface:
Any person or entity who uses BLOCKVEST’s Application Programming Interface (“BLOCKVEST API”) must comply with the terms of this User Agreement and/or any other conditions as BLOCKVEST may put into place in its sole discretion from time to time. The BLOCKVEST API is owned by BLOCKVEST and is licensed to BLOCKVEST API users on a non-exclusive, non-sub licensable basis.
V. Computer Viruses:
We shall not bear any liability, whatsoever, for any damage or interruptions caused by any computer viruses, spyware, scareware, web scraper, Trojan horses, worms or other malware that may affect your computer or other equipment, or any phishing, spoofing or other attack. We advise the regular use of a reputable and readily available virus screening and prevention software. You should also be aware
that SMS and email services are vulnerable to spoofing and phishing attacks and should use care in reviewing messages purporting to originate from BLOCKVEST.
Always log into your BLOCKVEST Account through the BLOCKVEST Site to review any transactions or required actions if you have any uncertainty regarding the authenticity of any communication or notice.
4. BLOCKVEST Site Registration
I. Registration of BLOCKVEST Account:
In order to use any of the BLOCKVEST Services, you must first register by providing an e-mail address, password, mobile phone number. Upon successful completion of the registration and verification procedures, BLOCKVEST will establish and confirm your BLOCKVEST Account. BLOCKVEST may, in our sole discretion, refuse to allow you to establish a BLOCKVEST Account, or limit the number of BLOCKVEST Accounts that a single user may establish and maintain at any time.
II. True and accurate information:
In submitting this or any other personal information as may be required, you verify that the information is accurate and authentic, and you agree to update BLOCKVEST if any information changes. You hereby authorize BLOCKVEST to make any inquiries we consider Bonus
III. Bonus program:
You may be eligible to receive bonuses ( “Bonus” or “Bonuses”) on your Account. BLOCKVEST may credit to your Account three type of bonuses, as follows:
I. Signup Bonus:
This is a time based bonus that occurs during the different phases of the BLOCKVEST token launch. The time based segments are: Private Sale, Pre-Token Generation Event (from now TGE), and TGE. The bonus will be credited to your BLOCKVEST Account, in the Bonus balance section, when you register a BLOCKVEST Account and confirm your data.
II. Referral Bonus:
This bonus will be credited to your BLOCKVEST Account, in the Bonus balance section, when another user is referred to BLOCKVEST by you, signs up a BLOCKVEST Account, confirms his/her data and completes successfully the first .
III. Appreciation Bonus:
This bonus will be credited to your BLOCKVEST Account, in the Bonus balance section to appreciate your patience in case of failed exchanges or site limitations for reasons not attributable to you, or in case you will report to us an issue or improvement to our Services and we decide to implement the remedies or the improvements that you advice. Your available Bonus balance, or a portion of it, will serve as discount (or saving) in any Deal that you will complete with your BLOCKVEST Account. You are not allowed to cash out or transfer to other users your available Bonus balance, or a portion of it. BLOCKVEST reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Bonus program or part of it for any reason, at any time and for any duration at its sole discretion, and
If BLOCKVEST determines in its sole discretion that you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions, it may, in addition to any other rights and remedies it may have against you, immediatelynecessary to verify your identity.
IV. Nvestnode wallet:
In order to earn Digidends, the BLOCKVEST Nvestnode wallet will serve as a Hot wallet for the BLOCKVEST tokens being held.
I. BTC and ETH Deposited:
When the BLOCKVEST user account criteria has been fulfilled, said user will be allowed to deposit BTC or ETH in exchange for BLV.
II. Receive Digidend:
When a subscriber meets the criteria established for holding BLV they will earn Digital Dividends (Digidends) in proportion to the amount of BLV held in their Nvestnode.
5. Legal Compliance
We reserve the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
I. Restricted Activities:
In connection with your use of the BLOCKVEST Services, and your interactions with other users, and third parties you will not:
- Violate or assist any party in violating any law, statute, ordinance, regulation or any rule of any self-regulatory or similar organization of which you are or are required to be a member (for example, those laws, rules, or regulations governing financial services, controlled substances, unlawful gambling or consumer protections);
- Partake in a transaction which involves the proceeds of any unlawful activity
- Defraud or attempt to defraud BLOCKVEST or other BLOCKVEST users;
- Infringe upon BLOCKVEST’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, or intellectual property rights;
- Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or detrimentally interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or information;
- Interfere with another individual’s or entity’s access to or use of any of the BLOCKVEST Services;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the legal rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy, publicity and intellectual property) of others;
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any unlawful material or information;
- Transmit or upload any material to the BLOCKVEST Site that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful or deleterious programs;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information from the BLOCKVEST Site about others, including without limitation email addresses, without proper consent;
- Act as a payment intermediary or aggregator or otherwise resell any of the BLOCKVEST Services, unless expressly authorized by BLOCKVEST in writing;
- Transfer any rights granted to you under this Agreement;
- Use the BLOCKVEST Account information of another party to access or use the BLOCKVEST Site;
- Otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the BLOCKVEST Site, other BLOCKVEST Accounts, Deals, computer systems or networks connected to the BLOCKVEST Site, through password mining, passcode mining or any other means; or• Engage in transactions involving items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the law.
II. Suspension/Termination and BLOCKVEST Account Cancellation:
I. BLOCKVEST may:
(a) Suspend or terminate your access to any or all of the BLOCKVEST Services, and (b) deactivate or cancel your BLOCKVEST Account as required by a valid subpoena or court order, or if BLOCKVEST reasonably suspects you of using your BLOCKVEST
Account in furtherance of illegal activity, or if you take any action that BLOCKVEST deems as circumventing BLOCKVEST’s controls, including, but not limited to, opening multiple BLOCKVEST Accounts or abusing Bonus or other promotions which BLOCKVEST may offer from time to time. In the event that a technical problem causes system outage or Account errors, BLOCKVEST may temporarily suspend access to your Account until the problem is resolved.
II. Unless verifiable that your country allows registration in BLOCKVEST and pursuant to regulatory programs administered in those countries, it is your sole responsibility to determine whether your country allows your registration with BLOCKVEST. To that end, BLOCKVEST, in its compliance to regulation 506(c), is prohibited from providing services or entering into relationships with certain individuals and entities. In the event that BLOCKVEST is required to block your BLOCKVEST Account in accordance with a regulatory program, BLOCKVEST is not responsible for any losses, whether direct or indirect, that you may incur as a result of our complying with applicable law, the guidance or direction of any regulatory authority or government agency, or any writ of attachment, lien, levy, subpoena, warrant or other legal order.
II. Transaction Limits:
BLOCKVEST imposes a $5USD minimum and a maximum limit of $250,000 USD for each transaction exchange. BLOCKVEST reserves the right to change the amounts BLOCKVEST deems necessary or appropriate from time to time. BLOCKVEST does not guarantee the availability of Service, and entering into an exchange through BLOCKVEST does not result in a guarantee that the exchange will be completed.
It is your sole responsibility to determine whether, and to what extent, any taxes apply to any transactions you conduct through the BLOCKVEST Services, and to withhold, collect, report and remit the correct amounts of taxes to the appropriate tax authorities. Your transaction history is available through your BLOCKVEST Account.
6. Our Relationship with You
To be eligible to use the BLOCKVEST Services, you must be at least 18 years old (or the applicable age of majority and contractual capacity if you reside in a jurisdiction where the age of majority or contractual capacity is above 18 years of age). By accessing or using the BLOCKVEST Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older.
I. Relationship of the Parties:
Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed or is intended to be deemed, nor shall it cause, you and BLOCKVEST to be treated as partners, joint ventures, or otherwise as joint associates for profit, or either you or BLOCKVEST to be treated as the agent of the other.
II. Service Providers:
From time to time, BLOCKVEST may engage third parties to assist BLOCKVEST in providing certain aspects of the BLOCKVEST Services (each, a “Service Provider”). Service Providers may include, but are not limited to, BLOCKVEST’s banking partners and technology or engineering service providers.
III. Your Privacy:
IV. Privacy of Others; Marketing:
If you receive information about another user through the BLOCKVEST Services, you must keep the information confidential and only use it in connection with the BLOCKVEST Services. You may not disclose or distribute a user’s information to a third party or use the information except as reasonably necessary to effectuate a transaction and other functions reasonably incidental thereto such as support, reconciliation and accounting unless you receive the user’s express consent to do so. You may not send unsolicited email to a user through the BLOCKVEST Services.
V. Password Security, Passcode Security and Keeping Your Contact Information Current:
You are responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any and all IDs, passwords, passcodes, personal identification numbers (PINs), API keys or any other codes that you use to access the BLOCKVEST Services and/or enter into a Deal through your BLOCKVEST Account. Any loss or compromise of the foregoing information and/or your personal information may result in unauthorized access to your BLOCKVEST Account by third-parties and the loss or theft of any value associated with your BLOCKVEST Account. You are responsible for keeping your email address and telephone number up to date in your Account profile in order to receive any notices or alerts that we may send you. We assume no responsibility for any loss that you may sustain due to compromise of your sensitive information or failure to follow or act on any notices or alerts that we may send to you. In the event you believe your BLOCKVEST Account information has been compromised, contact BLOCKVEST Support immediately at: support@BLOCKVEST.com
VI. BLOCKVEST Nvestnode wallet:
You acknowledge that BLOCKVEST may not be a qualified custodian under applicable law, and represent that your use of the BLOCKVEST Services is in compliance with any applicable requirements governing the maintenance and use of fiduciary accounts and custodial assets.
VII. Consent to Electronic Records:
By using the BLOCKVEST Services, you agree that BLOCKVEST may provide you with any notices or other communications about your BLOCKVEST Account and the BLOCKVEST Services electronically: (a) via email (in each case to the address that you provide), SMS message, or telephone call (in each case to the phone number that you provide), or (b) by posting to the BLOCKVEST Site. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted. If you do not wish to receive notices or other communications electronically, we will be unable to support your BLOCKVEST Account.
7. Disputes, User Feedback, Queries, and Complaints
Although most exchanges go smoothly, occasionally there may be a problem within or beyond BLOCKVEST’s control. In such case, BLOCKVEST will work diligently to attempt to correct the issue. Further, if there’s a problem with an exchange, the BLOCKVEST Resolution Center exists to help subscribers to explain what went wrong and resolve issues. You agree to comply with the policy and permit us to make a final and not appealable decision on any BLOCKVEST Resolution Center case.
I. Contact BLOCKVEST:
If you have any feedback, questions or complaints contact us via our Customer Support webpage in your account at http://BLOCKVEST.com/ (Help Desk “Tickets” section of the account) or at support@BLOCKVESTICO.io
In the event of a complaint, please set out the cause of your complaint, how you would like us to resolve the complaint and any other information you believe to be relevant. We will acknowledge your complaint promptly upon receipt and in no case more than 24 hours. A Customer Service Representative ( “CSR”) will consider your complaint. The CSR will consider your complaint without prejudice based on the information you have provided and any information provided by BLOCKVEST.
8. General Provisions
I. Limitations of Liability:
In no event shall BLOCKVEST, its affiliates and service providers, or any of their respective officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees or representatives, be liable for any claim or demand, lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages, including legal fees, arising out of or in connection with the BLOCKVEST site, the BLOCKVEST services, the BLOCKVEST account or this agreement (however arising, including negligence).
II. No Warranty:
The BLOCKVEST services are provided “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. BLOCKVEST specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. BLOCKVEST does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to any part of BLOCKVEST services, and operation of the BLOCKVEST site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. BLOCKVEST will make reasonable efforts to ensure that passcodes to complete a deal, escrow outflows, refunds, are processed in a timely manner but BLOCKVEST makes no representations or warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing because the BLOCKVEST services are dependent upon many factors outside of our control, such as delays in the blockchain system.
We try to keep our Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. Price update and other notification functionality in BLOCKVEST’s applications may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond BLOCKVEST’s control. In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, or other intangible losses or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- Your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- Your dispute with one or more users;
- Pricing, other guidance provided by BLOCKVEST;
- Delays or disruptions in our Services;
- Viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our Services;
- Glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- Damage to your hardware device from the use of any BLOCKVEST Service;
- Actions, or inactions of other users;
- A suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of the Abusing BLOCKVEST Section above;
- The duration or manner in which the status of your deal appears to other users, or
- Your need to modify practices, content, or behavior or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies.
In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
III. Entire Agreement:
This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and BLOCKVEST as to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior discussions, agreements and understandings of any kind (including without limitation any prior versions of this Agreement), and every nature between and among you and BLOCKVEST.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by BLOCKVEST without restriction, including without limitation to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the BLOCKVEST Services. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable under any rule, law or regulation or any governmental agency, local, state, or federal, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of the provision to the greatest extent possible under any applicable law and the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement shall not be affected.
VI. Change of Control:
In the event that BLOCKVEST is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature extend beyond the expiration or termination of this Agreement, shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
We may amend or modify this Agreement by posting on the BLOCKVEST Site or emailing to you the revised Agreement. By continuing to access or use the BLOCKVEST Services once the revised Agreement is effective, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. You further agree that we may (a) modify or discontinue any portion of the BLOCKVEST Services, and (b) suspend or terminate your access to the BLOCKVEST Services, at any time, and from time to time. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or termination of the BLOCKVEST Services, or suspension or termination of your access to the BLOCKVEST Services.
IX. Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
- This Agreement will be governed by English law.
- This Agreement is subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
X. Force Majeure:
We shall not be liable for delays, failure in performance or interruption of service which result directly or indirectly from any cause or condition beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, any delay or failure due to any act of God, act of civil or military authorities, act of terrorists, civil disturbance, war, strike or other labor dispute, fire, interruption in telecommunications or Internet services or network provider services or the blockchain, failure of equipment and/or software, other catastrophe or any other occurrence which is beyond our reasonable control and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
XI. Section Headings:
Section headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and shall not govern the meaning or interpretation of any provision of this Agreement.
XII. English Language Controls:
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, any translation of this Agreement is provided for your convenience. The meanings of terms, conditions, and representations herein are subject to definitions and interpretations in the English language. Any translation provided may not accurately represent the information in the original English.
Third party for any modification or termination of the BLOCKVEST Services, or suspension or termination of your access to the BLOCKVEST Services.
9. BlockVest Tokens Selling Policy
In the United States, BLV Tokens will be offered and sold only to accredited investors as such term is defined in Rule 501(a) of Regulation D pursuant to the exemption provided by Section 4(A)(2) of the Securities Act and Rule 506(c) of Regulation D promulgated thereunder.
You can view Blockvest’s Form D here:
10. Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policy
The Blockvest AML Policy is designed to prevent money laundering by meeting the US/UK AML legislation obligations including the need to have adequate systems and controls in place to mitigate the risk of the firm being used to facilitate financial crime. This AML Policy sets out the minimum standards which must be complied with and includes:
- The appointment of a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) who has sufficient level of seniority and independence and who has responsibility for oversight of compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, rules and industry guidance;
- Establishing and maintaining a Risk-Based Approach (RBA) towards assessing and managing the money laundering and terrorist financing risks to the company;
- Establishing and maintaining risk-based customer due diligence, identification, verification and know your customer (KYC) procedures, including enhanced due diligence for those customers presenting a higher risk, such as Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs);
- Establishing and maintaining risk-based systems and procedures to monitor on-going customer activity;
- Procedures for reporting suspicious activity internally and to the relevant law enforcement authorities as appropriate;
- The maintenance of appropriate records for the minimum prescribed periods;
- Training and awareness for all relevant employees
10.1 Sanctions Policy
Blockvest is prohibited from transacting with individuals, companies, and countries that are on prescribed Sanctions lists. Blockvest will, therefore, screen against United Nations, European Union, UK Treasury and US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions lists in all jurisdictions in which we operate.
Last updated: April 18th, 2018.
1. Collection of Information
1.1 Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information about you when you create an online account, complete a transaction, fill out a form, respond to surveys, post messages to our forums or wikis or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect are as follows:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Financial information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers and virtual currency account information.
- Government identification numbers, such as your social security number or a state-issued identification number.
- Biographic or demographic information, such as your date of birth, gender, occupation, employment status and any other information you choose to provide about yourself.
1.2 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Blockvest Services. For example, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from third parties, including identity verification services.
1.3 Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Blockvest Services, we automatically collect information as follows:
- Transaction information: we collect information about the transaction you complete via the Blockvest Services, including the amount of funds associated with a transaction, the types of transactions executed and other transaction information.
2. Use of Information
We may use your information as follows:
- Provide the Blockvest Services and customer support;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Manage your account(s) and send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our user agreements;
- Personalize, measure and improve the Blockvest Services;
- Deliver marketing and promotional offers on behalf of Blockvest and others, including via SMS, voice calls or email;
- Link or combine your personal information with information we obtain from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, to the extent such purpose is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or as otherwise notified in the Blockvest Services at the time of collection.
3. Diclosure of Information
We may disclose any information we collect about you, whether you are a current or former customer, including nonpublic personal information and any other information we collect with nonaffiliated third parties, which include non-financial companies, such as email service providers and fraud verification services, and others, such as other Blockvest users with which you engage in transactions. We may make such disclosures:
(1) To service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf; and
(2) For our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows:
- With any party you intend to distribute funds to, or that intends to distribute funds to you, via the Blockvest Services, including information about whether your account is active and whether the account has been verified.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf. These service providers help with our business operations such as fraud prevention and technology services.
- When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of your information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of or enforce our user agreements or other policies and agreements.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Blockvest’s assets, financing or acquisition or all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your consent or at your direction.
(3) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with our legal obligations.
Other than in connection with a merger, sale of Blockvest’s assets, financing or acquisition, we will not sell or rent any of your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Please note that third parties that support our customer identification and anti-fraud controls may retain and use information about you to perform services on our behalf and to improve their services. By using our Services, you consent to the retention and use of such information by these providers to improve their services.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with our affiliated companies or nonaffiliated third parties, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Analytics Services Provided By Others
We implement reasonable security practices and procedures to help protect the confidentiality and security of your information, including any nonpublic personal information. We protect your information using reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures, including by limiting access to your information to employees with a need to know such information.
6. U.S. – EU / Swiss Safe Harbor Compliance
Blockvest complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Blockvest has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
7. Your Choices
- Account Information: You may access and review or update your online account information at any time by logging into your account and viewing your profile. If you want to close your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that if you close your account, we may retain your information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes, such as to collect fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud or enforce our user agreements.
- Communications Preferences: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Blockvest by following the instructions in those communications. You may also opt out of receiving the Blockvest newsletter or certain administrative emails by modifying your communications preferences through the settings feature of your online account. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Location: Our mobile applications may collect precise geolocation information from your mobile device with your prior consent. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection of this information through your device operating system settings. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications from your device.
- Cookies: We use both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or mobile device until you erase them or they otherwise expire. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You are free to decline most of our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but choosing to remove or disable our cookies may interfere with your use and functionality of the Blockvest Services. Additionally, we may use certain persistent cookies that are not affected by your browser settings, but will use such cookies solely for identity verification and fraud prevention purposes. For more information about cookies and how to block, delete or disable them, please refer to your browser instructions.
- Why can’t I opt out of any sharing? We do not engage in any sharing that would require us to provide you with an ability to opt out of such sharing. For instance, we do not share any information about you with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
8. Access to Information
You have a right to access the information we hold about you. We will ask you to verify your identity before providing you with this information.
9. Contact us